Kids Singing about Obama IS a little weird, don't you think?

This video is the new internet sensation going around.  It shows some kids in a New Jersey elementary school singing an odd song highlighting some of President Obama's philosophies.  Here are some of the lyrics:
He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama


Just a little wierd.  And, my mom probably would've second guessed their decision if I were singing about stuff like "equal work and equal pay".  She'd say-- "that's grown folks business."  I doubt those kids even know what they're talking about.

We used to sing about being drug free.  Not ReaganBushClinton when I was in school. The school district apparently issued a statement saying the students were singing to honor the contributions of African-Americans.  I'm skeptical.  And I'm pretty sure that would not go over very well for most public schools in Georgia or Tennessee.

Decide for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment