Get informed about the presidential candidates

My grandparents who lived in Memphis Tennessee would be proud, surprised, and eager to take part in an election where an African-American is on the ballot as a choice for president. They'd recall how people like Barack Obama were referred to as boy, colored, or negro... at best. They would feel some solidarity with him. As if they're able to identify with him because of his struggle.

Unfortunately and fortunately, those were not my experiences. I have to base my vote on the future and not the past. In the present, I'm working to inform voters of their options, and I hope they'll consider them all.

In most states, only the Republican and Democratic candidates are on the ballot. The Libertarian candidate is also on the ballot.

If you'd more information on those campaigns, I'm putting the links below. Only vote, after you are informed. Vote for your future. Not your past. That's what I believe.

Democrats: Barack Obama for President
Libertarians: Bob Barr for President
Republicans: John McCain for President

No comments:

Post a Comment